Special Sneak Peek Video Clips
Video Series Description
Curt Thompson MD, author of The Soul of Shame, The Soul of Desire, and Anatomy of the Soul, is a well known psychotherapist with expertise in the emerging field of interpersonal neurobiology. The field of neurobiology has been expanding rapidly in the past decade. What is unique about his approach is that he helps his patients experience healing, rewiring neural pathways by the use of Christian spiritual disciplines to find freedom and peace in the goodness and beauty of God in Christ. In this particular event more than 100 pastors, church leaders, and therapists gathered for training to learn how these principles can strengthen pastoral care and leadership at congregational and clinical levels. The Church has much to offer the world by listening and caring.
In these sessions Church leaders are given some basic pastoral skills for caring for those who struggle with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, without needing to become therapists themselves.
Thompson offers three sessions:
- Integration: Becoming Perfect, Even as Our Father in Heaven is Perfect.
- Psychologists are trained to make diagnoses regarding mental illness but rarely discuss what healthy minds and relationships look like?
- Disintegration: Losing Our Minds in a Sea of Shame.
- Thompson explores what is going wrong and why.
- Creating Beauty In the Bomb Craters of Life.
- How can live into what God created us to be and will carry on into completion when He declares, "Behold, I make all things new." (Rev 21:5).
What You'll Get Upon Ordering
After you have completed your order, you will receive an automated email with links to download the videos. These can be viewed and shared individually or with groups. They cannot be shared via social media channels.